Are you ready for the best Oktoberfest celebration on Oahu?
Registrations are coming in daily and we may top last year’s count. We’ve invited the Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club, the Tesla Owners Club and the Antique Auto Club to participate this year. With the help of the Porsche Club we’ve added a concours judging class.
Most importantly we’ve expanded our fund raising efforts to provide makana for two Hawaii schools: Moanalua High and Aina Haina Elementary.
The dealers and vendors exhibiting this year are: Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu, Audi Hawaii, JN Exotics, smartWAX, BMW of Honolulu, Kia’i and Shea’s Luxury Detail. JN and Audi will be bringing at least nine new cars for display, including a Lamborghini Huracan and a 2015 Jaguar. BMW will be bringing one of their new electrics.
As of today 67 vehicles are registered to show in the hoolaulea. Of these, 11 have elected to enter in the concours judging category. Friends from the 2012 and 2013 Okakopa Hoolauleas are returning and many new enthusiasts will be joining us. Clubs already registered include: Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club, Antique Auto Club, Beyond Limits Hawaii, British Car Club, Edition 808, Pacific SuperCar Club, Porsche Club, TeamBMW and Team Foreign Objects.
So far, the oldest cars in the show are a 1930 Cadillac Town Sedan and a 1930 Ford Phaeton. The newest is a 2015 911 Carrera. The Tesla Owners Club will bring a small contingent to the show.
- The Eventbrite registration system will close at 11:00 p.m. 15 October 2014. And that will be it because this year there will be no event-day-drive-ons. Anyone not registered by 15 October will not be in the show.
- We could also use a helping hand. A project of this magnitude require’s a yeoman’s effort to make it successful. We’re having a short meeting this Saturday, 11 October at the Pali Golf Course from 11:00 to noon. Please come on by and help us plan the stage for the Oktoberfest.
- Anyone wishing to upgrade from People’s Choice Show & Shine to Concours class may do so at the Eventbrite registration system. Resubmit a new registration and select “Upgrade Show & Shine to Modified Concours” option. Eventbrite registration link.
- Updates are regularly posted at the Okakopa Hoolaulea web site. Visit it regularly to be on top of all the information. Please distribute the URL to your club members and encourage them to register as soon as possible. When it appears that the field will be too crowded we may close registration early due to safety concerns. So don’t wait. The URL is:
- Some people may be unable or unwilling to submit a registration via the Eventbrite system. In such cases we have will take registrations with payments by check. Here are the options:1. Have your check mailed to me to arrive no later than 13 October 2014. Make checks payable to “Mercedes-Benz Club Hawaii Section”. My address is: 2860 Waialae Ave PH 1, Honolulu HI 96826.2. Have a friend submit your web registration and work out your own reimbursement.
- Anyone without a printed Eventbrite registration ticket, with mismatched tickets or tickets with errors must go to the registration table to complete the registration. Only participants with printed Eventbrite registration tickets with valid information will be able to enter the field via the “quick pass” lane.
“Don’t hold your peace. If you have a question or concern, please speak up.” You can always call me or Michael. My phone, 808-550-8554. Michael’s number, 808-783-5556.
Information and registration for Okakopa Hoolaulea at http://okakopafest.org
2014 TEAM STANDING (as of 8 October 2014, 7:00 a.m.)
Porsche Club Hawaii – 14
Edition 808 – 12
Team Foreign Objects – 11
TeamBMW Hawaii – 7
Mercedes-Benz Club Hawaii – 6
British Car Club Hawaii – 5
Antique Auto Club Aloha Region – 3
Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club – 2
Pacific Supercar Club – 2
Tesla Owners Hawaii – 2
Beyond Limits Hawaii – 1
2013 TEAM FINISHES
TeamBMW Hawaii – 29
Edition 808 – 25
Porsche Club Hawaii – 20
Mercedes-Benz Club Hawaii – 18
British Car Club Hawaii – 13
Team Foreign Objects – 6
VW Club Hawaii – 2
BMW Car Club Hawaii – 1
Pacific Supercar Club – 1
Hawaii Outlaws – 1