13 days remain to register for the Okakopa Hoolaulea car show.
Team Foreign Objects and Edition 808 edged past Porsche Club Hawaii this afternoon to tie for first with nine participants each. They will earn a spot on the field when they have 10 or more of their members participating in the show.
- The deadline to register for the People’s Choice Show and Shine and for the Modified Concours competition is 11:00 p.m. 15 October 2014. This change has been made to the process to give us time to organize the judging teams, assemble participant packets and to prepare the field.
- The deadline to register to become an Okakopa Hoolaulea sponsor is also set for 15 October 2014.
- The Okakopa Hoolaulea is an invitational event for Hawaii automobile clubs. Invited clubs with at least 10 vehicles participating will be allocated a 10 x 10′ area on the show grounds which may be used for information and for members and friends to gather. Clubs may use this opportunity to share information and promote their activities and programs to other auto enthusiasts.
- The Mercedes-Benz of Honolulu Makana Kup is a perpetual award that is given to the auto club that helps to raise the most donations to benefit the Hawaii public school beneficiary. This is determined by the total number of participating vehicles affiliated with the club. TeamBMW Hawaii was the winner at last year’s Okakopa Hoolaulea.
- We have expanded our donation to include two Hawaii public schools. This year our beneficiaries will be Moanalua High School for their Auto Shop Refurbishment and Maintenance Project and Aina Haina Elementary School for their Rain Garden and Catchment System project.
- All vehicles will be included in the People’s Choice Show and Shine. Ballots may also be cast for vehicles entered in the Modified Concours competition. The public and participants will be given ballots to cast votes for up to three different vehicles.
Important Registration Information
Some may be unable or unwilling to submit a registration via the Eventbrite system. In such cases we will take registrations with payments by check.
Read the registration information information first at: http://okakopafest.org/registration/
Here are the options:
- Have your check mailed to arrive no later than 13 October 2014. Make checks payable to “Mercedes-Benz Club Hawaii Section”.
c/o Eugene Villaluz
2860 Waialae Ave PH 1
Honolulu HI 96826.
- Have a friend submit your web registration and work out your own reimbursement.
Anyone without a printed Eventbrite registration ticket, with mismatched tickets or tickets with errors must go to the registration table to complete the registration. Only participants with printed Eventbrite registration tickets with valid information will be able to enter the field via the “quick pass” lane.
Information and registration for Okakopa Hoolaulea at http://okakopafest.org
2014 TEAM STANDING (as of 2 October 2014)
Edition 808 – 9
Team Foreign Objects – 9
Porsche Club Hawaii – 8
Mercedes-Benz Club Hawaii – 6
British Car Club Hawaii – 2
TeamBMW Hawaii – 2
Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club – 1
Pacific Supercar Club – 1
2013 TEAM FINISHES
TeamBMW Hawaii – 29
Edition 808 – 25
Porsche Club Hawaii – 20
Mercedes-Benz Club Hawaii – 18
British Car Club Hawaii – 13
Team Foreign Objects – 6
VW Club Hawaii – 2
BMW Car Club Hawaii – 1
Pacific Supercar Club – 1
Hawaii Outlaws – 1